Try playing on a hexagonal grid or for a challenge on a triangular grid.
The game has three levels, based on the size of the grid:
- Small 8x8 grid with 10 bombs
- Medium 16x16 grid with 40 bombs
- Large 30x16 grid with 99 bombs
- Hexagonal Easy (the endgame can be difficult)
- Square Traditional
- Triangular Difficult
Version 2.2 of xbomb released on Tue Jan 22 2008
Version 2.1a of xbomb released on Sat Apr 10 1999
Version 2.1 of xbomb released on Sat Jan 24 1998
Version 2.0 of xbomb released on Wed May 10 1995download directory.
The source code for the latest and a few older versions can be found in the download directory on my new web site (follow the banner link at the top of the page).
Formal releases which are the traditional method used for this software with version numbers like 2.2a. These will continue to be released when there are major changes or important bug fixes and each release includes full updates for release documentation. For these releases announcements will be made in the following locations:
- On this web page.
- With a new file in the download directory.
- On the equivalent web page on my new web site (see banner link at the top of the page).
- With a new file in the download directory on the new web site which includes an RSS feed for notification of new files.
- By an announcement on freecode.com (formerly known as freshmeat.net) which offers an RSS feed for each project.
Informal, intermediate, releases which have not previously been used for this software and will have version numbers like 2.2a-svnxyz. These will be used for small bug fixes or minor improvements to functionality. For these releases there will only be the software and directly related documentation changes, not a complete release documentation update. These informal versions will only be available from my new web site download directory and included in the RSS feed found there.